You will be the key technical point of contact for our customers, engaged from the very first discovery conversation throughout their journey to the cloud. You will build high-level roadmaps with them, design architectures, engage in proofs of concept, and troubleshoot potential roadblocks. To make everything smooth, you will be backed up by our world-class sales and technical teams.
This role will suit you, if you…
- are enthusiastic about new technology adoption.
- have a solid cloud technical background and are interested in how businesses work.
- can strategically interact with customers by understanding their needs and finding the best cloud journey for them.
- are most engaged liaising between sales and engineering, making both sides happy with your contribution.
You will be responsible for…
- managing cloud adoption strategies from a technical perspective.
- crafting the path to transform our clients by identifying key customer technical objections and developing a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- recommending the migration strategies, enterprise architectures, migration tools, and cloud infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
- being on top of industry trends and providing technical value propositions for our clients.
- leading high-level technical workshops for key (technical and/or business) decision-makers.
- estimating (ballpark) the complexity of a proposed GCP solution both for its technical delivery effort and the cloud resources needed.
- deeply engaging with your counterparts within the Google organization, and our clients’ organizations.
- traveling to customer sites and conferences, being part of the cloud buzz as a technical ambassador.
You will need…
- great communication skills in German, both written and spoken.
- a solid understanding of key cloud concepts.
- strategic thinking to focus on the big picture instead of deep-diving into a concrete project.
- high emotional intelligence, able to drive conversations and engage people.
- the ability to quickly learn, understand and work with emerging technologies.
- methodologies, and solutions.
- experience working as a consultant, a technical sales engineer, or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role.
- a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
It would be nice if you also have…
- german language skills.
- a solid understanding of GCP; certifications are a plus (or will be part of your onboarding).
- industry experience, or experience working in a specialist area of technology.
- experience delivering technical presentations and live demonstrations.
- experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFPs.
- knowledge of public cloud platforms and technical concepts such as big data, PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, and related industry topics.
You will benefit from…
- the opportunity of working with the biggest companies that use Google Cloud.
- understanding how Google operates with its partners and their clients.
- company-level knowledge management that offers learning opportunities and projects where learning is part of your job.
- the opportunity to acquire Google technical and business certifications.
- working with highly skilled professionals, both in sales and engineering.
- flexible working hours.
- a collaborative team environment.